Foot Arthritis By Top Rated Moab Podiatrist
Moab Podiatrist Shares An Overview Of Foot Arthritis
Inflammation of the small joints in your foot and ankle can be caused by a condition known as arthritis. It can cause pain and stiffness in any joint in your body, and commonly occurs as we grow older. More than 100 variations of arthritis have been identified, many of which affect your foot and make it difficult to walk and perform activities you enjoy. There are several different types of arthritis that can affect your feet.
What Are Some Signs of Arthritis In My Feet?
- pain during or after regular physical activities
- pain when standing
- tenderness near the joints
- swelling or inflammation after sitting, or when you wake up
- trouble walking
What Are My Treatment Options For Arthritis In My Feet?
When you develop arthritis in your feet, there are many treatment options available to slow the progress of the disease and relieve symptoms. You can continue to live an active life, if you receive the proper treatment. Treatment options for arthritis in your feet include:
- Changes To Your Lifestyle: You can help relieve some of the symptoms of arthritis by modifying some aspects of your lifestyle. Certain things that can help are losing weight (if you are overweight), limiting physical activities, and decreasing high-impact sports, that put pressure on your joints.
- Physical Therapy: An individualized therapy plan with exercises tailored to your needs can help with flexibility and range of motion, as well as strengthen your foot and ankle muscles.
- Assistive devices: A cane, foot brace, ankle-free orthosis, or shoe inserts may help improve your ability to walk and get around. The medical advances may make mobility easier so you participate in your usual activities.
- Surgery: In severe cases, your Moab podiatrist may recommend surgery as an option to alleviate the pain and lack of motion arthritis in your foot can cause.
What If These Things Don’t Work For The Arthritis In My Foot?
When over the counter and at home treatment options fail to alleviate your symptoms, there are podiatric surgery options that may help you with your arthritis in your foot. To find out what options are available to you. Contact our 5-star rated Moab, UT, podiatrist at 435.587.5054.
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
ABOUT ANIMAS FOOT & ANKLE
5-Star Moab Podiatrist For Arthritis Foot Care
Animas Foot & Ankle of Moab, Utah (UT), treats all medical and surgical foot and ankle conditions, including arthritis in the feet.
Our podiatry office in Moab, UT offers the most effective and state-of-the-art, quality podiatry care services.
To start your journey towards relief of your arthritis in your feet, schedule your appointment with our Moab podiatrist today!
WE ARE COMMITTED TO EARNING THE TRUST OF OUR PATIENTS, COMMUNITY, AND PROFESSION.
For uncompromising excellence, our foot doctors can start helping you in several ways.
- Please contact us at <435.587.5054 if you have any questions or would like to set up your first appointment.
- If you are a new patient, enjoy our $25 Certificate by filling out the form on our website.
- Instantly download our free report: The Top 10 Things To Know Before Choosing Your Podiatrist.
- Contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have via our online contact form.